Whole Wheat Carrot Zucchini Muffins
This is a great vegan recipe if you’re looking for a healthy snack or something quick for breakfast. It’s also made of whole wheat and has no refined sugar. AND it’s vegan, who could ask for something more satisfying?
It’s also fairly simple. I did not have to purchase many ingredients, and I managed to make the whole thing in my food processor.
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2. In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and set aside.
3. In a food processor add everything else: carrots, zucchini, agave nectar, maple syrup, and milk. Blend until it becomes a smooth orange liquid. It looks pretty unappetizing, but I swear it’s delicious!
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. I continued to use my food processor at this point, because it has a dough setting. The choice is yours.
5. Fill muffin linings until they are mostly full, and bake for about 25 minutes. I made mini muffins as well, and I baked those for about 18 minutes. Let them cool when finished, and enjoy!