So, I have not written in a long time, I realize this, but it’s for good reason. Yoga has consumed all of my time lately, because I’m working on finishing up my teacher training. Unfortunately, blogging was placed on the back burner for a few weeks. I’ll be sure not to let that happen again.
For our last intensive weekend of yoga training, we had a potluck to celebrate our accomplishments. It was so much fun, and also the most challenging potluck ever, because we had no way to heat food, or keep it cool without a cooler. So, I solved this dilemma by baking some delicious vegan muffins for my yoga friends. They were all gone when I left, so they must have been pretty damn good.
Banana Coconut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- tsp baking powder
- tsp baking soda
- 1/ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with three tbsp water (for flax egg)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and line your cupcake pan.
- I made my own oat flour. I took about 3 cups of rolled oats, and pulsed them in the food processor until they were a flour-like consistency. It was super easy, and you’ll feel really cool/domesticated for making your own flour.
- After you acquire oat flour by either making it or buying it, mix the rest of the dry ingredients (baking power, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon) in a bowl, then set aside.
- Mash the bananas as much as you possibly can, make a flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water, melt the coconut oil, then take all the wet ingredients (bananas, sugar, flax egg, melted coconut oil), and mix them in a bowl.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients. After they are thoroughly combined, mix in the shredded coconut.
- Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way. Sprinkle oats on top to garnish (optional, of course). Bake muffins for about 20 minutes. Check on muffins by using a toothpick to see if they are finished. I made mini muffins. This recipe made about 36 minis and 4 regular sized muffins.